It's only mine because it holds my suitcase.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My fork is, apparently, nutritious and delicious


The cafetaria at my office recently introduced new cutlery. In and of itself, this is exactly the kind of useless, tripe, and pedantic news you'd expect some nobody to post on his blog just to fill up space.

Fuck

No. Wait. There's more. See, this cutlery is different. It's hard to tell why. It's a bit thicker than normal disposable cutlery, and matte - feels a bit rough. So I'm idly examining it while I wait for the clock to hit five when I discover that the words "made from plants" are embossed on the thing. Turns out they are - potato starch, to be exact, mixed with soy oil. Not only are they biodegradable, they're apparently actually compostable and, in theory, at least, even edible. I may have to give actually eating one a miss until they come up with a salt and vinegar version.

No comments:

Post a Comment